Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Week 4 and 5: Goals and Time Management, Preparing for Exams

In addition to this week being the anniversary for 9/11, I am thinking about my goals in this class and my time management. I have come to the conclusion that my goals are right where they need to be but my time management skills need a little work. I am trying to create more time not only for my studies but for myself as well. This will not be easy and it will take some trial and error, but I think that if I can put my mind to it I can accomplish just about anything. I just have to remember not to put any unnecessary pressure on myself by trying to accomplish impossible goals. The key to it all is to keep it all manageable.


Managing time and note taking are essential to preparing successfully for exams. It is important to study material, but no one should spend all night "cramming" for an exam; this process simply does not work. Take breaks during long study sessions but be mindful of how much time you have. Using flash cards is one way that you can practice for exams; you can write key terms on one side and their definitions on the other. Have someone test you during a study session. If you are preparing for an essay exam, write a practice essay to help get your creative writing skills going. Get plenty of rest and do not study when you are tired. You cannot focus when all your body wants to do is shut down.

No comments:

Post a Comment